Locust Valley Library strives to offer the community access to new and emerging technologies to inspire creativity and learning.
We are very happy to announce that we now have a 3D printer, a MakerBot Replicator 2, kindly donated by G. Willikers. The printer is on the Reference mezzanine.
Please submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your file to the library and see Jennifer Santo in Reference.
- The library’s 3D printer is available to all; however, priority will be given to Locust Valley Library cardholders.
- Printing will be by appointment only. Only library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
- Any 3D drafting software may be used to create a design, or designs may be found on various file-sharing databases such as Thingiverse.com. Acceptable formats are .stl, .obj, or .thing.
- Printing must be able to be completed within the space of a normal library workday.
- To recover the cost of filament the library shall assess a charge based on the number of grams used.
- The library reserves the right to refuse any print request.