Museum Pass Policy
Revised by the Board of Trustees on December 13, 2018
The Locust Valley Library encourages patrons to enjoy the wide cultural universe of Long Island and New York City by taking advantage of the Library’s museum passes. Museum passes are co-sponsored by The Friends of the Locust Valley Library and are available only to Locust Valley Library cardholders in good standing.
- Museum passes do not necessarily provide access to all exhibits or to special museum events. It is the borrower’s responsibility to contact the museum regarding days/hours of operation and questions concerning the honoring of museum passes. For more information, please check each museum’s website. Links are available on the Library’s website, locustvalleylibrary.org.
- Each museum sets its own rules regarding museum passes. Be prepared to show your library card with the pass. Many museum passes admit two adults and accompanying minor children but this can vary. The rules are provided in the Library’s museum pass packaging.
- Museum passes are listed as “museum tickets” in the online catalog. They may be reserved, subject to availability. You must be an adult (18 years or older) to reserve a pass and the pass must be picked up within three (3) days. If the pass is not picked up within the allotted time the reservation will be cancelled.
- Museum passes may be borrowed for 7 days, thereby assuring their use over a weekend. We ask that a pass be returned as soon as it is no longer needed so that it can go to the next borrower.
- A maximum of one pass per family may be borrowed at a time. Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fairness and access for the greatest number of patrons.
- The museum passes must be returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT PLACE MUSEUM PASSES in the book drop. There is a $10.00 per day late charge for passes not returned on time.
- Museum passes cannot be renewed as others may be waiting.
- Any patron who loses a museum pass will be charged the replacement cost of that pass. If a patron loses two passes, his or her museum pass privileges will be revoked.